White House Roundtable Discussion with Federal Government Officials, National Strategy for the Arctic Region
On May 10, 2013, the President signed the National Strategy for the Arctic Region. At that time - recognizing that successful implementation of the National Strategy will depend upon productive collegial engagement with Alaska Natives, the State of Alaska, Members of Alaska's congressional delegation, and other key stakeholders - the White House announced that it would host initial meetings in Alaska in June to discuss how best to move forward. Please join us for a roundtable moderated by Fran Ulmer, Chair of the US Arctic Research Commission.
- Nancy Sutley (Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality)
- Kathy Sullivan (Acting Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- David Hayes (Deputy Secretary of the Interior)
- Tommy P. Beaudreau (Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management)
- Rear Admiral Thomas Ostebo (U.S. Coast Guard)
- Ambassador David Balton (Department of State)
- Tony Ceraolo (Director, Maritime Security & Director, Arctic Region Policy, National Security Staff)
- Brendan P. Kelly (Assist. Director, Polar Science, Office of Science & Technology Policy, EOP)
For further information, please contact: Brendan P. Kelly (bkelly [at] ostp.eop.gov, 202-456-6056) or Fran Ulmer (fran.ulmer [at] arctic.gov).