International Snow Science Workshop 2013
The aim of the conference is to promote interaction and exchanges between practitioners and researchers in the fields of snow and avalanche science. The conference is organized in Grenoble and the field trip will take place in Chamonix Mont-Blanc. Translation of the oral presentations will be done into English, French, Italian and German.
Topics for the workshop include:
- Global snow properties and their spatial variability
- Blowing and drifting snow
- Avalanche risk forecasting
- Guiding in avalanche terrain and snow stability evaluation
- Modern forms of communicating avalanche danger
- Avalanche education
- Avalanche dynamics and hazard mapping
- Avalanche protection
- Artificial release and mitigation strategies
- Instrumentation, monitoring and remote sensing
- Crisis management, avalanche accidents and rescue
- Managing snow
- Impact of climate change
- Snow hydrology and ecology
Additional details can be found at the conference web site.
A workshop on snow and avalanche test sites (only in English) will be organized in the framework of ISSW.
Do not hesitate to submit your abstract in English, French, Italian or German now, as the April 14, 2013 deadline is approaching.
We look forward to welcoming you in Grenoble and Chamonix Mont-Blanc.