Third Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists
The Melnikov Permafrost Institute announces that the Third Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists will be held 24 June - 13 July 2013 in Yakutsk, Russia.
The forum will include the Geocryological Conference held in Yakutsk from 24-27 June 2013 and the Field Workshop in the southern Verkhoyansk Mountains from 29 June to 13 July 2013. Young researchers--including undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows--are invited to attend. Forum themes include:
- Regional and historical geocryology
- Thermal regime of cryolythozone
- Periglacial processes and forms
- Landscape dynamics in permafrost regions
- Permafrost geochemistry
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Climate change and permafrost evolution
- Greenhouse gases and gas hydrates
- Permafrost microbiology
- Remote sensing of permafrost
- Stability of engineering structures on permafrost
The conference registration page is now available online (http://mpi.ysn.ru/index.php/en/registration.html), and abstracts are being accepted (http://mpi.ysn.ru/index.php/en/call-for-abstracts.html).