HURST Arctic Visiting Speaker Tours
If you have any questions regarding these tours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Showing speaker tours.
Sarah Hurst from Anchorage, Alaska traveled to St. Petersburg, Russia to work with Elena Andreeva of INTAARI. Elena and Sarah had a very busy 3-week itinerary. Sarah gave many presentations to varied audiences including: the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, INTAARI, the Russian Geographic Society, the Museum of Arctic and Antarctic of St. Petersburg, the American Corner, the Interregional public organization Society “ZNANIE”, the American Councils for International Education, the Union of Journalists, as well as many secondary schools.
Prepared presentations for her tour included:
- “Our Shared Northern Culture: Ethnographical, environmental and cultural issues in the Alaskan Arctic.”
- “Resource development in the Alaskan Arctic: balancing the needs of stakeholders”
- “Issues facing Alaskan Arctic Native villages: subsistence, climate change, economic challenges”
- “Life in the Alaskan Arctic village of Point Hope”
- "Alaska-Russia joint projects and future prospects”
You can view many of the highlights of Sarah's trip on our Facebook group page.