Samuel Mukasa | Wednesday, 13 November 2013 - Friday, 15 November 2013
Dr. Mukasa visited three different elementary schools in the Hilliard City School District in Columbus, Ohio to speak to 4th and 5th graders on the changing Arctic environment. Questions he discussed with students include:
- "How does one tell whether climate is changing or not?"
- "What are the consequences of a world without ice in the Polar Regions?"
- "What would the US look like if the Greenland Ice Sheet melted, and how would it look like if the West and East Antarctic Ice Sheets melted as well?
In addition, Dr. Mukasa gave two presentations entitled:
- "Imagine a new ocean emerging from beneath the ice -- Issues in the Arctic Ocean"
- "How important is the Arctic to you and me?"
Dr. Mukasa also gave a public presentation on the "Science and Politics of an Open-Water Arctic Ocean" on November 15th at the Byrd Polar Research Center.