2002 ARCSS Community Leadership Teleconference | Agenda
ARCSS COMMITTEE AND
ARCSS COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP TELECONFERENCE
13 August 2002
|Tuesday, August 13
- Jonathan Overpeck, ARCSS Committee Chair
- Neil Swanberg, Acting ARCSS Program Manager
- ARCSS Committee Part 1: Responsibilities
- Discussion of proposed major activity item for AC: Arctic System Synthesis
- Not a major program reorganization
- Goals of ARCSS still focused on "useful science"
and providing the knowledge
for society to deal with arctic environmental variability and change
- Focus on synthesis within themes, but also between ? looking at the arctic as one system
- Payoffs will hopefully include: intellectual breakthroughs, increased rate
of high-profile papers, enhanced interdisciplinary synergy, better roadmap for
ARCSS, stronger funding support for ARCSS, greater service to society.
- Finalizing the 2002 ARCSS All Hands Workshop Report
- One key input to synthesis
- Outstanding Issues
- Identification and listing (seeking community input on what should be dealt with at AC meeting in Fall 02)
- ARCSS Committee Part 2: Governance, Meetings, etc.
- Membership: representation, terms of office, rotation, call for nominations
- Establishment of Executive Committee
- Meeting participation and agendas
- rotate DC/Non-DC annual meetings
- regular use of executive sessions at beginning and ends of meetings
- Final Word - AC Chair is open to input.