|Download: Discussion Room Tips (Contains the same information
provided on this web page)
PDF: 40 K
Word: 32 K
here to join the discussion!
Welcome to the Arctic Alive Discussion Room! This is the
place where you are able to ask questions and have them answered
by the scientists!
We encourage all the students to participate in the discussion room.
Your questions will be answered in a timely manner and posted so
that classes around the state can see what you asked!
To help you use the Discussion Room, here are a few tips:
Asking Questions or Making a Post:
- All classrooms participating in this pilot project will already
be "Registered". Please do not register again.
- Log In with the username and password that you were given to
log into the
main Arctic Alive site. If you can't remember your username or
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 907-450-1612.
- Log Out - Please remember to Log Out so that the discussion
on your computer. Log Out will take you back to the Arctic Alive
- Use the blue "Reply" button to reply to an existing
- Use the blue "New Topic" button to create a new topic
under a discussion
- Use the blue "Edit" button, located next to the "Reply"
button, to edit
your post after you've submitted it.
If you can't see the blue "Reply" and "New Topic"
buttons located on the
right end of the blue title bar: Make sure you are logged in to the
"Log In" is located in the menu in the upper right of the
When looking at the main page, scroll to the bottom and make sure
that under "Activity" it says "Welcome back [username]".
**Make sure "cookies" are turned on in your web browser.
located under the Edit menu in Preferences.
Email email@example.com or call
907-450-1612 with any questions.